Job Title: Material Control Operative
Position: Temporary to Permanent
Responsible for the control of material flow within Production area to facilitate –
- Control of material to ensure stock accuracy
- Quick change over of production lines to aid efficiency
- Identification and resolution of issues causing stock errors (e.g. BOM errors, booking issues, etc.)
- Top up cell stocks from supermarket
- Ensure WIP is minimised across production
- Work with Procurement, Stores and Production to Drive continuous improvement in material control processes
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure material continuity to meet the daily production plan.
- Ensure production plan is “Clear to Build” – no shortages
- Investigate stock discrepancies, identify root cause reasons and rectify to prevent future issues
- Assist in the setup of Kanban systems, supermarkets etc
- Maintain 5S standards in all material storage locations
- Drive, where appropriate, Kanban systems of material control and visual management
- Minimise WIP at all times trough pull based material control and Just In Time operation
- Adhere to standard processes
- Continuously improve standard processes
- Communicate effectively with Team Leaders, Stores and Procurement to resolve issues
- Ensure Job change overs are efficient and minimise cell down time.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong process knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Inquisitive and good at problem solving
- Champion of 5S and Lean principles
- Methodical, detail-oriented and highly organised.
- Works quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Able to communicate well
- A flexible and adaptable approach to changing situations and workload.
- Strongly customer focused, team orientated, yet able to work independently.
- A self aware learner, seeking desire to improve.